Dear Caribe Resort Owners,
The Board of Directors officially accepted the final Hurricane Sally settlement claim offer by Insurance on October 17, 2022. The terms of this settlement agreement are strictly confidential and any owner wanting further information can call or meet with their owner representative. Failure to keep this information confidential and shared outside of our owners can result in the insurance company requesting the settlement money to be returned. During the directors meeting an overview of what has been completed around the resort was discussed. Below is a list of projects that are currently in progress or upcoming projects to be completed.
- The Building Paint Project
- All balcony ceilings and walls have been completed for every building
- Painting crews are currently on the 5th floor of the B Building for the painting of the railings. The crews are doing their best to work around occupancy of the units as each unit has to be accessed via the interior door for this stage of the paint project.
- IT Project Update
- The new phone system installation is currently ongoing for the entire property
- Projects in Progress
- Re-plastering of the B indoor pool has begun. The estimated completion is next Wednesday, November 9.
- Routine maintenance of the upper and lower D building parking garage is taking place over the next two weeks.
- Christmas decorations are going up across property starting this week and should be completed by Thanksgiving.
- Upcoming Projects
- New fitness equipment for the B fitness center has been ordered per board approval and will arrive in the coming weeks
- B outdoor pool will be closed at the beginning of December to be re-plastered and repair the tiles and mosaics in the pool.
- The new chair lift for B building pool set to arrive next week has been delayed and an updated timeline will be given soon.
- A new dehumidifier system is on order for the C indoor pool and the core replacement is on order for the B indoor pool. Installation will begin upon arrival.
- The repair and remodel of the mini putt-putt course South-side of C building will begin by mid-November.
- The pricing and designing of the lazy river deck repair has begun. Updates on the repair process of the deck will be posted as soon as more details are finalized.
- Upcoming Events around Property
- Our Soles 4 Souls drive is taking place now through December 1st. You can donate any new or gently used shoes to help children and communities in need. Drop off locations are at the front gate or any of our building lobbies.
- On Friday, November 18th, we will be having a tree lighting ceremony in the B building Atrium. The festivities will include pictures with Santa and your favorite holiday treats as we light up our beautiful decorations. We hope you will join us at 4pm for this exciting event.
- Lastly, Please be sure to put February 18, 2023 on your calendar for the annual homeowner’s association meeting. The meeting will be held in the D100 space that Saturday. If you are interested in running for the board, please notify your owner relations representative. Andrea Soars ([email protected]) B Tower, Jill Alford ([email protected]) C Tower, and Hayli Parnell ([email protected]) D Tower.
Further updates will be posted as they are received. For more information regarding the claim or projects around property owners can reach out to their building representative with questions.