Dear Caribe Resort Owners,
Best of Baldwin 2024
Caribe Resort has been selected as one of the top five finalists in the Best Business title under the Condominium Resort category for the prestigious Best of Baldwin 2024. This annual contest provides an excellent opportunity to show your support for your beloved local businesses and acknowledge their exceptional service.
Your vote can make a significant difference in helping us achieve this recognition and you can vote once per day. Visit our Caribe Resort Owners Page for the link to vote and your vote is greatly appreciated!
C & D Lower Outdoor Pools Closure
Starting November 1st, the lower level outdoor pools between C & D will be closed for replastering and renovation to the coping, spillways and tile. We anticipate that this will be completed within 4-5 weeks, labor and weather permitting. Once this area has been completed, crews will move to the upper deck pool.
The C & D indoor pool slides are currently closed one at a time to be resurfaced.
C Building Backup Generator
Parts arrived earlier than anticipated for the C building generator and the generator has been repaired. The temporary backup generator has been removed from property.
Owner’s Gate Automated System
We’re happy to announce an upgrade to the Owners gate entry lane. This touch free system will operate by chip decals similar to the Orange Beach Toll Bridge system. Simply drive up and the gate will open by reading the decal. Absolutely no piggybacking will be allowed.
Each owner will receive two chipped decals and any additional decals needed will be available for purchase in the sales office Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm at $25 per additional decal. These can be purchased by cash or check, made out to the Caribe Owners Association. We anticipate receiving the decals and hardware needed for this upgrade in the coming weeks and once we do, we will send notice to all owners.
Association Insurance Update
Insurance for the COA has been broken up into two separate insurance companies for the association. Please note many mortgage companies require an updated declaration page verifying the association has insurance annually.
Wind and all other perils (AOP) is with Gambrell, Sturges and Tober Insurance. You can email requests for declaration pages and certificates to [email protected]
General Liability, Flood D&O, vehicle and umbrella coverage is still held through McCarron Insurance and they can be reached at [email protected]
Projects in Progress
- Starting November 6th, crews will have a swing stage on the 07 stack of B building to reseal the exterior windows on the shear wall.
- Our Soles 4 Souls annual shoe drive starts November 1st and you can donate any new or gently used shoes to help children and communities in need. Drop off locations are at the front gate or any of our building lobbies. We have been one of the most productive businesses over the years and achieved 1081 shoe donations for 2022. We hope to surpass last year’s donations and please bring your shoe donations on your next visit to Caribe!
- In the coming weeks, Glass Inc. will begin resealing the skylights in the B building atrium.
- New wheelchair lifts have been ordered for the C & D indoor pools and we’ll begin installation of these once they’ve arrived.
- The renovation of the C/D indoor corridor pool bathrooms is still in progress and they’ve completed the men’s bathroom and are nearing completion on the women’s side. This will feature a full remodel of these two bathroom areas. We anticipate having the women’s bathroom completed in the upcoming weeks.
- The lightning rod grid for the building rooftops are in process of being completed.
- We’re still awaiting the arrival of one more major HVAC unit for D tower atrium and please bear with us as we know it’s been warmer on the upper floors.
- Larry Wireman will begin improvements to the east overflow parking lot next to the D tower. This area will be expanded and these improvements will be taking place over the next several weeks.
- Crews are still in the process of installation for the new cabanas and tiki bar area. The tiki bar will not begin service until Spring of 2024.
- Artificial sod has been laid on the 2nd floor landing strips for the 10 and 15 stacks in front of C & D buildings.
- The staining of the upper B deck parking area has been completed and we hope you enjoy this new look!
As a reminder our Annual Homeowners Association meeting will be held March 16th, 2024. If you are interested in running for the board, please notify your owner relations representative.
Caleb Glover B & C Tower: [email protected]
Hayli Parnell D Tower: [email protected]
B & C Tower