Dear Caribe Resort Owners,
Owners Gate Automated System
We’re happy to announce an upgrade to the Owners gate entry lane. This touch free system will operate by chip decals similar to the Orange Beach Toll Bridge system. Simply drive up and the gate will open by reading the decal. Absolutely no piggybacking will be allowed.
Each owner will receive two chipped decals and any additional decals needed will be available for purchase in the sales office Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm at $25 per additional decal. These can be purchased by cash or check, made out to the Caribe Owners Association. As soon as the decals and hardware needed for this upgrade comes in, we will send notice to all owners.
Lazy River Soft Reopening Update & Temporary Closure 9/4 – 9/8 (Weather Permitting)
Crews have been hard at work on the upper pool and lazy river deck installation and we hope everyone is enjoying the new decking and lazy river area.
We are planning on draining the lazy river on Monday, September 4th at approximately 7pm. The lazy river will be drained to fix the leaks, paint the bottom of the lazy river step in areas, and finish the electrical lighting of this area. We anticipate reopening the lazy river on Friday, September 8th, weather permitting.
Crews are still in the process of installation for the new cabanas and tiki bar area.
During the winter season, once occupancy drops, we will close the upper pool deck and the lower deck pools in between C & D one at a time, for replastering and renovation to the coping and spillways.
We’re happy to introduce our two new trolleys, Nemo & Flipper, that you’ll see around the property. We hope all owners and guests enjoy these new additions!
Association Insurance Update
Insurance for the COA has been broken up into two separate insurance companies for the association. Please note many mortgage companies require an updated declaration page verifying the association has insurance annually.
Wind and all other perils (AOP) is with Gambrell, Sturges and Tober Insurance. You can email requests for declaration pages and certificates to [email protected]
General Liability, Flood D&O, vehicle and umbrella coverage is still held through McCarron Insurance and they can be reached at [email protected]
Projects in Progress
- New wheelchair lifts have been ordered for the C & D indoor pools and we’ll begin installation of these once they’ve arrived.
- The renovation of the C/D indoor corridor pool bathrooms is still in progress and they’ve completed the men’s bathroom and have moved on to start on the women’s side. This will feature a full remodel of these two bathroom areas.
- The lightning rod grid for the building rooftops are in process of being completed.
- We’re still awaiting the arrival of the two major HVAC units for D tower and please bear with us as we know it’s been warmer on the upper floors.
- Larry Wireman will begin improvements to the east overflow lot next to the D tower. This area will be expanded and these improvements will be taking place over the next several weeks.
- Crews have completed repainting the exterior stairwells to the parking garages.
- Crews have completed the repainting of the exterior mural in front of the D lobby area on the upper parking deck.
As a reminder our Annual Homeowners Association meeting will be held March 16th, 2024.
B & C Tower